|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||23,640,058|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||21,726,458|
Information Technology for Project Cost Management (Case study: Soufian Cement Co, Iran)
|International Journal of Finance & Managerial Accounting|
|مقاله 4، دوره 4، شماره 16، فروردین 2020، صفحه 39-49 اصل مقاله (583.96 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Original Article|
|Instructor, Business Management, Faculty of Management, Economic and Accounting, Payam Noor University, Tehran, Iran|
|In today's competitive world, reduction of production costs has become one of the corporates priorities. Survival triangle (cost, quality and time) is the solution that helps companies focus on these three dimensions and have the ability to compete with other companies. Cost management is the first step in this way that providing solutions and advice to managers who need help to have a precise estimate of the costs and enable them to control costs in the anticipated budget framework. The main objective of this research is the evaluation of relationship between information technology and project cost management from viewpoint of Soufian Cement Co executives. According to statistical population of research encompasses all company managers (n= 35), the sampling method that used is census-type and depending on the nature of the topic, a researcher-made questionnaire method (Cronbach's alpha coefficient was 88% for IT questionnaire and 81% for project cost management questionnaire) used for data collection. Preliminary results showed that the level of usage of information technology and project cost management in the company is moderate. Due to normality of all the data, Pearson correlation coefficient test was used for data analysis. The overall results showed that there is a significant relationship between information technology and project cost management, but there is no possibility to control costs by using information technology.|
|cost reduction؛ information technology؛ PMBOK Standard؛ project cost management؛ survival triangle|
1) Ala-addini, M., & Daqayeqi A. (2008). The results of application of COB IT reference model in evaluation of IT management processes at National Iranian Drilling Company by the process maturity approach. Third International Conference on Strategic Management, Razi Conference Hall, Tehran, Iran.
2) Bacos, j., & Treacy, H. (1986). center for information systems, information technology and corporate. Accounting Research. 10: 239-277
3) Egmond, E.LC Van. (2002). International technology Transfer, Eindhoven University of Technology.
4) Fathian, M. (2006). Fundamentals of Information Technology Management, University of Science and Technology, First Edition.
5) Gupta, M., & Galloway, K. (2003). Activity-based costing/management and its implications for operations management, the journal of Technovation, 23:131–138.
6) Hartman, F.T. (2000). don't park your brain outsides: a practical guide to improving shareholder value with SMART management (Pennsylvania: Project Management Institute, Inc.), p. 6.
7) Hilton, R.W., Maher, M.W., & Selto F.H. (2008). Cost Management: Strategies for Business Decisions, 4th edition. McGraw-Hill Irwin.
8) Kaplan, R.S., & Cooper, R. (1998). Cost & Effect. Using Integrated Cost Systems to Drive Profitability and Performance, Harvard Business School Press.
9) Michiels, S.I. and Van Crowder, L. (2001). Discovering the “Magic Box”: Local appropriation of information and communication technologies (ICTs). Sustainable development Department, Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO).
10) Ming, S., & Rob, H. (2008). Information Technology (IT) in construction engineering and project management, Golabchi Mahmoud & Al-enabi Morteza, Tehran University publications.
11) PakMaram, A., Mohammadi, B., & BeikZadeh, J. (2010). the factors affecting application of cost management systems in Iran petrochemical industry, Farasooye Modiriat, fourth year, No. 14, 131-159.
12) Porter, M. E. (1980). Competitive Strategy (New York: Free Press,).
13) Prdakhtchy,H.(2003). examines the impact of information and communication technology on organizational structure of organization and Training Management Researches. No.6
14) Salehi, M., Moradi, M., & Mansoury, A. (2012). The relation between financial information transparency and firms’ characteristics of listed companies on Tehran Stock Exchange, African Journal of Business Management Vol. 6(5), pp. 1906-1915.
15) Sarafizadeh, A. (2010). IT in organization, Mir Publications.
16) Seifi, A. (2005). Activity Based Costing System. Journal of Costing Management. PP.3-4.
17) shank, J. (1992). Strategic Cost Management: Tailoring Controls to Strategies, Journal of cost Management, pp. 14-24
18) Young, H. (1983). the ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, Chicago: American Library Association.
19) ZokayiAshtiani, M. (2010). Guide to scope of project management knowledge, Adineh publications, Rahnemaye Rood E Poshti, Fereydoon, (2010), Activity Based on Costing, Cashmeh publications.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 607
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 663