- Hu, J., et al., How the brain formulates memory: A spatio-temporal model research frontier. IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, 2016. 11(2): p. 56-68.
- Salim, S., Oxidative stress and the central nervous system. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 2017. 360(1): p. 201-205.
- Bahey, N.G., H.O. Abd Elaziz, and K.K.E.S. Gadalla, Toxic effect of aflatoxin B1 and the role of recovery on the rat cerebral cortex and hippocampus. Tissue and cell, 2015. 47(6): p. 559-566.
- Shen, H.-M., et al., Detection of elevated reactive oxygen species level in cultured rat hepatocytes treated with aflatoxin B1. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 1996. 21(2): p. 139-146.
- Valizade, M.R., An overview of the toxic effects and nutritional hazards reduction technique of ochratoxin on food products. Clinical Excellence, 2015. 4(1): p. 139-121.
- LIU, D.-m., et al., Screening, Identification and Antifungal Properties of a Bacterium with Antagonistic Activities Against Mycotoxin-producing Aspergillus spp. Biotechnology Bulletin, 2019. 35(8): p. 42.
- Jiang, Y., et al., Aflatoxin B1 albumin adduct levels and cellular immune status in Ghanaians. International immunology, 2005. 17(6): p. 807-814.
- Verma, R. and S. Chaudhari, Dectection of Aflatoxin in human urine. Indian J Environ Toxicol, 1997. 7: p. 47-48.
- Moghaddam, F.D., et al., Apoptotic effects of melittin on 4T1 breast cancer cell line is associated with up regulation of Mfn1 and Drp1 mRNA expression. Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry (Formerly Current Medicinal Chemistry-Anti-Cancer Agents), 2020. 20(7): p. 790-799.
- Coulombe, R., Aflatoxins. Mycotoxins and phytoalexins. Sharma, RP, Salunkhe, DK, Eds. 1991, CRC Press: Boca Raton, USA.
- Bbosa, G.S., et al., Review of the biological and health effects of aflatoxins on body organs and body systems. Aflatoxins-recent advances and future prospects, 2013. 12: p. 239-265.
- Reddy, S. and F. Waliyar, Properties of aflatoxin and its producing fungi. Aflatoxins. 2012.
- Liu, Z.-M., et al., Hepatitis B virus infection contributes to oxidative stress in a population exposed to aflatoxin B1 and high-risk for hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer letters, 2008. 263(2): p. 212-222.
- Wu, H.-C., et al., Aflatoxin B1 exposure, hepatitis B virus infection, and hepatocellular carcinoma in Taiwan. Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention Biomarkers, 2009. 18(3): p. 846-853.
- Xie, Y., et al., Potential roles of Alzheimer precursor protein A4 and β‐amyloid in survival and function of aged spinal motor neurons after axonal injury. Journal of neuroscience research, 2003. 73(4): p. 557-564.
- Trucksess, M., et al., Aflatoxicol and aflatoxins B1 and M1 in eggs and tissues of laying hens consuming aflatoxin-contaminated feed. Poultry Science, 1983. 62(11): p. 2176-2182.
- Thrasher, J.D., Are chlorinated pesticides a causation in maternal mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) mutations? 2000, Taylor & Francis.
- Josse, R., et al., Identification of early target genes of aflatoxin B1 in human hepatocytes, inter-individual variability and comparison with other genotoxic compounds. Toxicology and applied pharmacology, 2012. 258(2): p. 176-187.
- Sun, X., et al., Selective induction of tumor cell apoptosis by a novel P450-mediated reactive oxygen species (ROS) inducer methyl 3-(4-nitrophenyl) propiolate. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2013. 288(13): p. 8826-8837.
- Oyelami, O., et al., Aflatoxins in the autopsy brain tissue of children in Nigeria. Mycopathologia, 1995. 132(1): p. 35-38.
- Yang, X.-J., et al., Cytochrome P450 2A13 mediates aflatoxin B1-induced cytotoxicity and apoptosis in human bronchial epithelial cells. Toxicology, 2012. 300(3): p. 138-148.
- Bonsi, P., et al., Aflatoxin B1 is an inhibitor of cyclic nucleotide. General Pharmacology: The Vascular System, 1999. 32(5): p. 615-619.
- Rawi, S.M. and A.M. Waggas, Impact of 90-Day oral dosing with naturally occurring aflatoxin mixture on male Sprague-Dawley rat neurochemistry and behavioral pattern. Middle East Journal of Scientific Research, 2013. 14(2): p. 228-238.
- Wild, C.P., J.D. Miller, and J.D. Groopman, Mycotoxin control in low-and middle-income countries. 2015.
- Verma, R., Aflatoxin cause DNA damage. International Journal of Human Genetics, 2004. 4(4): p. 231-236.
- Alsayyah, A., et al., Chronic neurodegeneration by aflatoxin B1 depends on alterations of brain enzyme activity and immunoexpression of astrocyte in male rats. Ecotoxicology and environmental safety, 2019. 182: p. 109407.
- Mehrzad, J., et al., Environmentally relevant level of aflatoxin B1 elicits toxic pro-inflammatory response in murine CNS-derived cells. Toxicology letters, 2017. 279: p. 96-106.
- Goerttler, K., et al., Effects of aflatoxin B1 on pregnant inbred Sprague-Dawley rats and their F1 generation. A contribution to transplacental carcinogenesis. JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 1980. 64(6): p. 1349-1354.
- Quik, M., et al., Localization of nicotinic receptor subunit mRNAs in monkey brain by in situ hybridization. Journal of Comparative Neurology, 2000. 425(1): p. 58-69.
- Butterworth, R.F., Complications of cirrhosis III. Hepatic encephalopathy. Journal of hepatology, 2000. 32: p. 171-180.
- Coulombe Jr, R.A. and R.P. Sharma, Effect of repeated dietary exposure of aflatoxin B1 on brain biogenic amines and metabolites in the rat. Toxicology and applied pharmacology, 1985. 80(3): p. 496-501.
- Ammann, H.M., Indoor mold contamination—a threat to health. J Environ Health, 2002. 64(6): p. 43-4.
- Arundine, M. and M. Tymianski, Molecular mechanisms of glutamate-dependent neurodegeneration in ischemia and traumatic brain injury. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences CMLS, 2004. 61(6): p. 657-668.
- Mullen, R.J., C.R. Buck, and A.M. Smith, NeuN, a neuronal specific nuclear protein in vertebrates. Development, 1992. 116(1): p. 201-211.
- Robinson, J.C., et al., Pericytosis and edema generation: a unique clinicopathological variant of meningioma. Neurosurgery, 1996. 39(4): p. 700-706.
- Knoth, R., et al., Murine features of neurogenesis in the human hippocampus across the lifespan from 0 to 100 years. PloS one, 2010. 5(1): p. e8809.
- Nylén, K., et al., Serum glial fibrillary acidic protein is related to focal brain injury and outcome after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Stroke, 2007. 38(5): p. 1489-1494.
- Eng, L.F., R.S. Ghirnikar, and Y.L. Lee, Glial fibrillary acidic protein: GFAP-thirty-one years (1969–2000). Neurochemical research, 2000. 25(9): p. 1439-1451.
- Liedtke, W., et al., Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in mice lacking glial fibrillary acidic protein is characterized by a more severe clinical course and an infiltrative central nervous system lesion. The American journal of pathology, 1998. 152(1): p. 251.
- Tanaka, T., et al., Developmental exposure of aflatoxin B1 reversibly affects hippocampal neurogenesis targeting late-stage neural progenitor cells through suppression of cholinergic signaling in rats. Toxicology, 2015. 336: p. 59-69.
- Serrano-Pozo, A., et al., Neuropathological alterations in Alzheimer disease. Cold Spring Harbor perspectives in medicine, 2011. 1(1): p. a006189.