|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||23,671,184|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||21,748,601|
The influence of culture on investors' financial decision-making styles and unplanned decisions to avoid uncertainty, power distance
|International Journal of Finance & Managerial Accounting|
|دوره 8، شماره 30، شهریور 2023، صفحه 19-30 اصل مقاله (382.98 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Original Article|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.30495/ijfma.2022.61649.1667|
|hamed falamarzi1؛ zadallah fathi 2؛ Hossain Shafii3|
|1PhD Student of Acconting Department of Accounting, sirjan Branch, Islamic Azad University, sirjan, Iran|
|2Associate Professor of Accounting Department of Acconting, Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran|
|3Assistant Professor, Department of Accounting, Sirjan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Sirjan, Iran|
|Currently, any organization's effectiveness depends not only on the organization's technological efficiency but also on the management's broad perspective towards decision making. It is more important to know that a manager has a significant task of decision-making in any organization and accordingly, any organization can be successful and or not. In this study, the researcher uses Hofstede's view to find an answer to how culture influences Financial decision-making styles and unplanned decisions. We used an exploratory data mining method in this research in order to examine the cultural dimensions of Hofstede and its relationship with four decision-making styles. We have used SOM software to analyze collected data, the possibility of using survey data, and realizing four alternative clusters applying the self-organizing network clustering method among stock exchange investors indicated the difference in cultural evaluation. Analyzing four different clusters explained that the effects of decision-making styles were different.Investor decision-making style, Hofstede cultural framework, unplanned decisions|
|Investor decision-making style؛ Hofstede cultural framework؛ unplanned decisions|
Akbari, Mahnaz and Zahrazadeh Nasir, 2013, The Relationship between National Culture and Strategic Decision Making in Internationalization of Companies, 2nd International Conference on Management, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development, Qom, Payame Noor University.
b. Amani Sari Begloo, Javad, GholamAli Lavasani, Masoud, Ejei, Javad, Khezri Azar, Heyman (2011) "The Relationship between Cultural Values and Individual Variables with the Amount of Computer Use in Students", Behavioral Sciences Magazine, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 1-10
c. Abbasi Rikani, Mahsa, and Mohammad Imani Brandagh, 2017, investigating the relationship between culture and decision-making behavior of buying and selling stocks in selected regional stock exchanges in Iran, 2nd International Congress on Humanities, Cultural Studies, Tehran, Center for
The Empowerment of Cultural and Social Skills of Society.
d. Mearspasi. Nasser, Danai Fred, Hassan. (2006). Investigating the relationship between organizational culture and decision-making style and providing an optimal model, futures studies of management, (Pippy 68), Spring 2006 No. 1, pp. 23-46.
e. Vaseghi, Ali, Samad Jabbari Asl and Masoud Emaminejad, 2016, Investigating the relationship between organizational culture and decision-making styles of managers of ardabil city government departments, 3rd Scientific-Research Conference on New Findings of Management Sciences, Entrepreneurship and Education of Iran, Tehran, Association for the Development and Promotion of Fundamental Sciences and Technologies.
2) -Adapa, S .2008“ .Adoption of Internet Shopping: Cultural Considerations in India and Australia”. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 13 ) 2 ,
3) -Arciniegas, I., Daniel, B. and Embrechts, M.J. (2001), “Exploring financial crises data with self-organizing maps (SOM)”, in Allinson, N., Yin, H., Allinson, L. and Slack, J. (Eds), Advances in Self-Organizing Maps, Springer-Verlag, London, pp. 39-46 .
4) -Bishop, C.M. (1995), Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition, Avon, Oxford University Press.
5) -Deboeck, G.J. (1998), “Software tools for self-organizing maps”, in Deboeck, G.J. and Kohonen, T. (Eds), Visual Explorations in Finance using Self-Organizing Maps, Springer-Verlag, pp. 179-194 .
6) -Eklund, T., Back, B., Vanharanta, H. and Visa, A. (2003), “Using the self-organizing map as a visualization tool in financial benchmarking”, Information Visualization, Vol. 2 No. 3, pp. 171-181 .
7) -Eklund, T., Back, B., Vanharanta, H. and Visa, A. (2008), “Evaluating a SOM-based financial benchmarking tool”, Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting, Vol. 5 No. 1, pp. 109-127 .
8) -Fehrenbacher, D., Roetzel, P. and Pedell, B. (2018), "The influence of culture and framing on investment decision-making", Cross Cultural &
30 / The influence of culture on investors' financial decision-making styles and unplanned ...
Vol.8 / No.30 / Summer 2023
Strategic Management, Vol. 25 No. 4, pp. 763-780 .
9) -Ghada, R. & Galal, H( .2009“ .)The role of culture in e-commerce use for the Egyptian
consumers”. Business Process Management Journal, 15 ( 1 ,)34-47.
10) -Han, J. and Kamber, M. (2001), Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques, Academic Press, San Diego, CA .
11) -Hitosugi,C.I .2009 .Effects of culture on online initial trust: individual level analysis. A doctoral dissertation of philosophy in communication and information sciences, University.
12) -Hofsted,G .2001 .Culture’s consequences: Comparing values, behavior, institution and organizations across nations .2nd ed .Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
13) -House, R.J.; Javidan, M.; Hanges, P.J. & Dorfman, P.W ( .2002“ .)Understanding Cultures & Implicit Leadership Theories Across the Globe: An Introduction to Project GLOBE”. Journal of World Business, 37, 3-10.
14) -Hsiu-Jen Fu., (2006). “Effects Of FinancialInformation Transparency On InvestorBehavior In Taiwan Stock Market''
15) -Ilagan, S. V .2009 .Exploring the impact of culture on the formation of consumer trust in internet shopping, A thesisfor the degree of master of arts in Communication, Department of Communication and Journalism and The Graduate School of the University of Wyoming.
16) -Jarvenpaa, S. & Tractinsky, N ( .1999 .)
“Consumer trust in an Internet store: A crosscultural”. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 5. Retrieved on February 18, 2008 .
17) -Kiviluoto, K. (1998), “Predicting bankruptcies with the self-organizing map”, Neurocomputing, Vol. 21 Nos 1/3, pp. 191-201 .
18) -Länsiluoto, A. and Eklund, T. (2008), “Comparison of the suitability of the self-organizing map for analyzing the macro and firm environment – an empirical field survey”, benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 15 No. 4, pp. 402-419 .
19) -Lee, S.C., Suh, Y.H., Kim, J.K. and Lee, K.J. (2004), “A cross-national market segmentation of online game industry using SOM”, Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 27 No. 4, pp. 559-570 .
20) -Sarlin, P. and Eklund, T. (2011), “Fuzzy two-level clustering of the self-organizing map: some applications on financial time series”, in Laaksonen, J. and Honkela, T. (Eds), WSOM 2011, LNCS, 6731, Heidelberg: Springer, pp. 40-50 .
21) -Thirathon U., Wieder B., Matolcsy Z., Ossimitz M.-L.(2017), Big Data, Analytic Culture and Analytic-Based Decision Making Evidence from Australia, Procedia Computer Science, 121 , pp. 775-783 .
22) -Wang Z., McNally R., Lenihan H. (2019), The role of social capital and culture on social decision-making constraints: A multilevel investigation , European Management Journal, 37 (2) , pp. 222-232 .
23) -Yoon, C. (2009). “The effects of national culture values on consumer acceptance of ecommerce: Online shoppers in China”. Information
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 57
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 84