|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||22,880,860|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||21,118,396|
Conceptual Model of Failure of Tax Auditors’ Reports Based on Grounded Theory
|International Journal of Finance & Managerial Accounting|
|دوره 8، شماره 30، شهریور 2023، صفحه 61-74 اصل مقاله (376.16 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Original Article|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.30495/ijfma.2023.21589|
|Vahid Armani Fard 1؛ Yahya Kamyabi2|
|1Ph.D. Candidate in Accounting, Department of Accounting, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran|
|2Associate Professor of Accounting, Department of Accounting, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran|
|The process of tax collection and the government access to extensive financial resources are established by reviewing the taxpayers' information and submitting the tax auditor's report. Therefore, any defects or mistakes in the tax audits’ reports or stopping the tax receiving system and their failure make it impossible to access the mentioned goals, imposes costs on the government and people and non-accomplishment of social justice. Many factors influence the submission of inefficient tax reports. The purpose of this qualitative research is to present a conceptual pattern of failure of tax reports using a grounded theory approach. The statistical population of this research includes experts and specialists of taxation that 16 participants in this research were selected according to the research objective by using the purposeful sampling approach. Data was collected by interview, the general interview guide approach and semi-structured collecting method by two revising methods of participants and non-participated scholars review to validate the data in the research. The central issue is the failure of tax reports for which 15 causes were identified as causal conditions. Then, strategies are formulated and the final conceptual model is extracted based on it in terms of the context and intervening conditions.|
|Taxation؛ Failure of tax auditors’ reports؛ Grounded theory|
Asch, S. E. (1956). Studies of independence and conformity: A minority of one against a unanimous majority. Psychological Monographs, no 416
2) Ashton, A. H. (2003). Experience and error frequency knowledge as potential determinants of audit expertise. The Accounting Review, 218-239.
3) Babajani J. and Moradmand M.J., 2007, performance evaluation of the implementation of Article 272 of the Law on Direct Taxes approved on 2001, Journal of Experimental Studies in Financial Accounting, 5 (17), 105-128.
4) Bagheri, M., Tavassoli Naeini, M., & Dalmanpour M., 2020, contemplation on the tax (Administrative-Judicial) system of Iran and the United States, Journal of Taxation, 27 (44), 47-69.
5) Barzideh F., Babajani J., Abdollahi A., 2018, designing an identity model in auditing judgment with an approach based on grounded theory, Auditing Knowledge, No. 71, 5-36.
6) Bonner, S. E., & Hasti, R. (2000). The review of the effects of financial incentives on performance. Journal of management accounting research, 19-64.
7) Bonner, S. E., & Pennington, N. (1991). Cognitive processes and knowledge as determinants of audit expertise. Journal of Accounting Literature, 1-50.
8) Bonner, S. E., Libby, R., & Nelson, M. W. (1996). Using decision aids to improve auditors’ conditional probability judgments. Journal of Accounting Review, 221-240.
9) Bostanian J., 2005, The position of tax auditing in the tax system, Journal of auditor's News and Information, Vol 3, No. 7, pp: 13-20
10) Creswell, J.W. (2007). Qualitative inquiry and research design, choosin among five approaches. 2end Edition. California: Sage Publication.
11) Da Silva, F. P., Guerreiro, R., & Flores, E. (2019). Voluntary versus enforced tax compliance: the slippery slope framework in the Brazilian context. International Review of Economics, 66(2), 147-180.
12) Dearman, D., & Shields, M (2002). Cost knowledge and cost-based judgment performance. Journal of management accounting research, 1-18.
13) Ghaderi, B., Kaf’ami M., & Karimi Hessari, F., 2018, investigating the effect of financial and non-financial effective factors on tax gap, Journal of Accounting and Management Perspectives, 1 (2), 1-16.
14) Gobena, L. Dijke, M. (2017). Fear and Caring: Procedural Justice, Trust, and Collective Identification as Antecedents of Voluntary Tax Compliance, Journal of Economic Psychology,62
15) Hackenbrack, K. (1992). Implications of seemingly irreverent evidence in audit judgement. Journal of accounting research, 126-136.
16) Hogarth, R. (1987) judgment and choice, 2nd ed, New York: John Wiley.
17) Jahnke, B., & Weisser, R. A. (2019). How does petty corruption affect tax morale in Sub-Saharan Africa?. European Journal of Political Economy, 60, 10-51.
18) Kadus, K., & Magro, I. (2001). The effects of exposure to practice risk on tax professionals’ judgments and recommendations. contemporary accounting research, 451-475.
19) Kahneman, D. (1973). Attention and Effort. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
20) Kennis, I. (1997). Effects od budgetary goal characteristics on managerial attitudes and performance. The accounting review, 707-721.
74 / Conceptual Model of Failure of Tax Auditors’ Reports Based on Grounded Theory …
Vol.8 / No.30 / Summer 2023
21) Khoshhal F. and Khoshhal A. 2020, challenges of citizenship rights and taxpayers, Tax Research Journal, 27 (44), 167-185.
22) Krawczyk. (1994). "The influence of tax law requirements and organization of client facts on professional judgement", Behavioral Research in Accounting: 97-120.
23) Kunda, Z. (1999). Social cognition: Making sense of people. The MIT Press.
24) Lerner, J., & Tetlock, P. (1999). Accounting for the effects of accountability. psychological bulletin, 255-275.
25) Lindberg, D., & Maleta, M.(2003). An examination of memory conjunction errors in multiple client audit environments. Journal of practice and theory, 127-141.
26) Meyers, M., & Levy, S., (1986). Gender Differences in Information Processing: A Selectivity Interpretation. Cognitive and Affective Responses to Advertising, Lexington Press, Lexington, MA, 1989, pp. 219-260
27) Nabavi Chashemi, S., & Barzegar Tahamtan, N. (2018). The effective factors on the tax lags in the Iran tax system (case study in tax administration of Mazandaran). Tax journal, 26, 47-69.
28) Nelson, M., Krische, S. (2003). Confidence and investors’ reliance on disciplined trading strategies. Journal of accounting research, 503-523.
29) Pennington, N. (1991). Explaining the evidence: Tests of the story model for juror decision making. Journal of Personality and Social psychology: 189-206.
30) Plous, S. (1993). The psychology of judgment and decision making. Citation.McGraw-Hill series in social psychology
31) Pour Zamani Z. & Shamsi Jamkhaneh A., 2009, investigating the reasons for the difference between the taxable income of companies and the taxable income of tax units, Proceedings of the Third Iranian Conference on Fiscal and Tax Policies, Vol. 2, Fan-e-Idehpardash.
32) Ranjbar H., Sameti, M., & Malian M., 2016, The possibility of replacing tax revenues with oil revenues (case study of Iran), Applied Economics, 6 (19), 27-38.
33) Reber, A. (1995). The penguin dictionary of psychology, 2nd edition. New York. Penguin books.
34) Saidu, S., Dauda, U. (2014). Tax Evasion and Governance Challeneges in the Nigerian Informal Sector, Journal of Finance and Economics, 2(5), 156-161
35) Sayadi Somar A., Rahnamay Rudposhti F., Kakai Tabar Z., 2018, Causes of trans-tax phenomenon in a case study of Iran province with emphasis on the gap between the views of taxpayers and tax staff based on the AHP model, Ilam, Journal of Accounting and Auditing Research, Vol. 8, No. 1-26
36) Strauss, A.L., & Corbin, J. (1998). Basics of qualitative research: Grounded theory: Procedures and Technique. (2nd Edition); Sage, Newbury Park, London.
37) Tan, H., Libby, R. (1997). Tacit managerial versus technical knowledge as the determinants of audit expertise in the field. Journal of accounting research, 97-113.
38) Tavakoli M., Khajavi Sh., & Valipour H., 2018, assessing the effect of the external accountability gap of the Tax Affairs Organization on public luck and tax revenues, Tax Research Journal, 26 (39), 69-92.
39) Tilahun, M. )2019(. Determinants of Tax Compliance: A Systematic Review, Economics, 1-7.
40) Torabi T., Torkashvand Z., Alborzi M., Askari A., 2018, prioritization of tax revenue increase strategies using fuzzy dimatel technic, Tax Research Journal, 25 (36), 107-134.
41) Tversky, A., & Kahneman D. (1973), "Availability: A Heuristic for Judging Frequency and Probability, “Cognitive Psychology
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 3
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 14