|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||24,203,745|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||22,093,950|
.The Interrelationship between Management Ability and Market Value Added Using Simultaneous Equations
|International Journal of Finance & Managerial Accounting|
|دوره 8، شماره 30، شهریور 2023، صفحه 165-176 اصل مقاله (730.85 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Original Article|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.30495/ijfma.2022.65364.1790|
|kamyar Talebnia1؛ Hamidreza Vakilifard 2؛ rezvan hejazi3|
|1Ph.D. Candidate, Department of financial management, Kish International Branch, Islamic Azad University, Kish Island, Iran|
|2Assistant Professor, Department of financial management, Kish International Branch, Islamic Azad University, Kish Island, Iran|
|3Professor, Department of financial management, Kish International Branch, Islamic Azad University, Kish Island, Iran|
|Companies face various factors that are unpredictable during their economic life, and it is the managers who make the final decisions necessary for the company. Managers must have the necessary ability to identify the specific position and characteristics of the company in order to be able to make the best decision for the company based on their knowledge. Ability to manage is one of the dimensions of corporate human capital that is classified as intangible assets (Hajib et al., 2016). When managers' decisions have a significant impact on the performance of the organization; The ability of managers will lead to effectiveness in the day-to-day operations of the organization. Therefore, the ability of managers improves the net present value for the organization (Burke and Stanton, 2007). Recent research shows that the ability to manage is one of the determinants of corporate performance. On the other hand, it can be expected that the improvement of economic data (including market value added) will also strengthen the predictability of managers.This study investigates the two-side relationship between management ability and market value added using the method of simultaneous equations. For this purpose, the required information for the period of 2014-2018 was collected for 105 companies and the research hypothesis was tested using the method of simultaneous equations (granger-causality). The results showed significant two-side relationship between management ability and MVA, also; two side granger-causality between management ability and economic value added: p-value (0.000), with 95 percent statistical significance.|
|management ability؛ market value added؛ simultaneous equation method|
Aflatooni, A, Nikbakht, L. (2010), “Application of econometrics in accounting research”, financial management and economics.
2) Ali Nejad, S, Tarfi, M. (2017), “The Impact of Management Ability on Financing Policy”, Journal of Accounting Knowledge, 8(2): 159-180.
3) Andreou, P.C., Ehrlich, D., Louca, C. (2013). “Managerial ability and firm performance: Evidence from the global financial crisis”.
Working Paper, University of Technology, Department of Commerce, Finance and Shipping: Cyprus
4) Andreou, P.C., Karasamani, I., Louca, C. & Ehrlich, D. (2017). “The impact of managerial ability on crisis-period corporate investment”. Journal of Business Research, 79, 107- 122.
5) Chalaki, P, Mansourfar, Gh, Karami, A. (2018), “Investigating the effect of management ability on financial distress with emphasis on financial flexibility”, Article 7, 5(1) - Consecutive Issue 16, 153-180.
6) Demerjian, P., Lev, B., McVay, S. (2012). “Quantifying managerial ability: A new measure and validity tests”. Management Science, 58(7), 1229-1248.
7) Demerjian, P.R., Lev, B., Lewis, M.F., McVay, S.E. (2013). “Managerial ability and earnings quality”. The Accounting Review, 88(2), 463-498.
8) Granger, C.W.J. (1969). “Investigating causal relations by econometric models and cross-spectral methods”. Econometrica: Journal of the Econometric Society, 37(3): 424-438.
9) Holcomb, T.R., Holmes Jr, R.M., Connelly, B.L. (2009). “Making the most of what you have: Managerial ability as a source of resource value creation”, Strategic Management Journal, 30(5), 457-485
10) Huang, X.S. & Sun, L. (2017). “Managerial ability and real earnings management”. Advances in Accounting, 7, 1-14. 17.
11) Kazemi, H, Namakavarani Omid, M. (2018), “The Impact of Management Ability on Real Profit Management and Integrated Risk Management of Companies”, New Applied Studies in Economic Management and Accounting, 1(3): 51-68.
12) Koester, A., Shevlin, T. & Wangerin, D. (2016). “The role of managerial ability in corporate tax avoidance”. Available at: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfmabstract_id=2753152.
13) Lepak, D.P., Smith, K.G., Taylor, M.S. (2007), “Value creation and value capture: A multilevel perspective”. Academy of Management Review, 32(1), 180-194.
14) Maddala G.S. and Wu S. (1999). “A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test”, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 61, Supplement 1, pp. 631–652
International Journal of Finance and Managerial Accounting / 177
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 26
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 68