|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||23,062,129|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||21,338,732|
The future of the audit profession in Iran with a scenario approach
|International Journal of Finance & Managerial Accounting|
|دوره 8، شماره 30، شهریور 2023، صفحه 233-244 اصل مقاله (577.41 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Original Article|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.30495/ijfma.2022.66289.1816|
|Mahtab Tootchi Fatidehi1؛ Seyedeh Atefeh Hoseini 2؛ Farzaneh Mirshahvelayati3؛ Ali Mahdizadeh Ashrafi4؛ Kamal Jadidi Aval5|
|1Ph.D.student of Accounting,Islamic Azad University, Firoozkooh Branch, Firoozkooh,Iran|
|2Assistant professor of Accounting, Islamic Azad University, Firoozkooh Branch, Firoozkooh,Iran|
|3Assistant professor of Management,Institute of Humanities and Cultural Studies, Tehran,Iran|
|4Assistant professor of Management, Islamic Azad University, Firoozkooh Branch, Firoozkooh,Iran|
|5Assistant professor of Computer, Islamic Azad University, Firoozkooh Branch, Firoozkooh,Iran|
|In this research, using two methods of foresight, namely, interaction analysis (passing) and scenario planning, first identify and strategic factors affecting the future of the audit and then the main scenarios for the future of the audit are reviewed and analyzed.|
Preliminary research data were analyzed using Mick Mac software. Finally, the results of using cross-impact analysis method indicate that 9 key factors of network integration and business intelligence, cloud computing related businesses, forecasting and caution using sensitivity analysis and social network data, marketing and E-commerce, expanding the application of new science and technology in business, investing in the global and national infrastructure of the economy, expanding business opportunities related to augmented and virtual reality and valuing digital assets, increasing competition with the entry of outsiders Profession and performing audit duties by other fields such as computer, industry, financial engineering, etc.
Demand for several skills from auditors has been identified among the factors that will have the greatest impact on the future of auditing. Then these factors were used as the main basis in screenwriting.
In order to write a scenario, expert experts were consulted at this stage.
With the analysis performed by Wizard scenario software, 3 strong scenarios, 27 believable scenarios and 153 weak scenarios related to 9 key drivers were extracted. According to the research results, it is suggested that activists and actors influencing the profession, make long-term and accurate planning to lead to the flourishing and promotion of the profession in the future.
|Future of Auditing؛ Propulsion؛ Information Technology؛ Scenario Planning and Interaction Analysis|
Abreu, P. W., Aparicio, M., Costa, C. J. (2018). Blockchain technology in the auditing environment. Presented at the 13th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI).
2) Arcade, J., Godet, M., Francis, M., Fabrice, R. (2010). Structural analysis with the MICMAC method & Actors' strategy with MACTOR
method, Futures research methodology v2, AC/UNU Millennium project.
3) Baricelli P., Lucas C., Messina E., Mitra G. (1996). A model for strategic planning under uncertainty; Sociadad Estadistica e Investigacion Operativa.
4) Bell, Wendell (1997). Foundations of Futures Studies: Human Science for a New Era; NewBrunswick New Jersey, USA: Transaction Publishers.
5) Bell, W. (2003). Foundations of Futures Studies I: History, Purposes, Knowledge. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Publishers.
6) Broby, D., Paul, G.(2017).The financial auditing of distributed ledgers, blockchain and cryptocurrencies, Journal of Financial Transformation, vol. 46, 2017.
7) Bryson, J .(2006). Strategic planning for non-profit organizations, 5rd edition. San Francisco, CA: Jossey- Bass.
8) Bushehri, A., Nazarizadeh, F. (2009). Global Strategic Strategies Effective in Defense and Defense Industries, Tehran: Center for the Futures Studies of Defense Science and Technology of Research and Educational Institute for Defense Industries.
9) Davani, Gh. (2019). The future of the accounting profession in the light of cloud computing and blockchain, Accountant Monthly, year 35, consecutive numbers 326 and 327.
10) Deloitte.(2016). Blockchain:Democratisedtrust,https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/ uk/Documents/technology/deloitte-uk-tech-trends-2016-blockchain.pdf.
11) Drane,J.(2016).Wait,blockchainsneedaudited?!?,Available:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/waitblockchains-need-audited-jeremy-drane/. [Accessed: 28-Feb-2018].
12) Ehresmann, A. C. (2013). A theoretical frame for future studies. On the Horizon, 21(1): 46-53.
13) Fahey, L., Robert, M. R. (2011). Learning from the future, competitive foresight scenarios, Canada: John wiley & sons Inc. 226.
14) Foundation for the Development of Tomorrow (Toseae Farda) (2005). Technology Foresight Techniques, Tehran: Futurist Group Publishing.
15) Godet, M. (1991). From anticipation to action. UNESCO publishing, Paris.
International Journal of Finance and Managerial Accounting / 243
Vol.8 / No.30 / Summer 2023
16) Goodwin, P., Wright, G. (2001). Enhancing strategy evaluation in scenario planning: a role for decision analysis. Journal of management studies, 38(1): 1- 16.
17) Gordon, T. J. , Glenn, J. C. (1993). Issues in Creating the Millennium Project: Initial Report from the Millennium Project Feasibility Study, United Nations University.
18) Hamidizadeh, M. (2011). Time Theory and Future Studies based on the Theory of Understanding and Perception, Strategic Management Studies Quarterly, 2(6): 81-102.
19) Hanafizadeh, P., Aarabi, M., Hashemi, A. (2006). Consistent Strategic Planning Using Scenario Planning and Fuzzy Inference system, Quarterly Journal of Humanities, Management Edition.
20) Hoover, W. (2009). The Future of Human Resources: Technology Assists in Streamliing Your HR Department. Colorado Biz.
21) Khazaei, S. (2007). Foresight, Concepts and Needs, Tehran: Center for Future Studies in Defense Science and Technology of the Institute for Defense Research and Training.
22) Levenby, R ., Sahlin, E .(2018). Blockchain in audit trails - An investigation of how blockchain can help auditors to implement audit .
23) Maleki, A. (2006). Scenario-based planning: A way to reduce decision-making problems, Yas Strategy, (8): 73-112.
24) Miles, I., Keenan, M. (2002). Practical Guide to Regional Foresight in the UK. European Communities, Luxembourg.
25) Nazemi Ghadiri, Amir. (2006). "Foresight: From Concept to Implement", New Industries Center, Tehran: Ministry of Industries and Mines.
26) Peterson, G., Cumming, G., Carpenter, S. (2003). Scenario planning: a tool for conservation in an uncertain world. Conservation biology, 17(2): 358- 366.
27) Potekhina, A., Riumkin, I. (2017). Blockchain – a new accounting paradigm (Master degree thesis). Umeå School of Business and Economics.
28) Postma, T.J.B.M., Liebl, F. (2005). How to improve scenario analysis as a strategic management tool, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 72(2005): 161–173.
29) Raford, N, (2014). Online foresight platforms: Evidence for their impact on scenario planning &
strategic foresight, Technological Foresight & Social Change, In press, Available online: 33.
30) Rahnamy Roodposhti, F., Shirin Bayan, N. (2016). Designing an investment portfolio using a scenario-based approach by a hypothetical-based planning method, Journal of Financial Engineering and Management of Securities, 28.
31) Ringland, G, (2010). The role of scenarios in strategic foresight, Technolgical Foresight & Social Change, 77(15).
32) Saeedpour, S., Behboodi, M., Ahmadi Kohanali, R. (2015). Future Studies for Knowledge Management Strategies with a Scenario-Based Approach, Strategic Management Studies Quarterly, 22.
33) Schwartz, P. (1996). The Art of the Long view, New York: Doubleday.
34) Shearer, A. W. (2005). Approaching scenario-based studies: three perceptions about the future and considerations for landscape planning. Environment and planning B: Planning and design, 32: 67-87.
35) Taqwa, M., Alizadeh, Y. (2006). Trend Impact Analysis Technique (TIA): A cross-point of quantitative and qualitative prediction techniques (With an example in the field of energy foresight research), Quarterly Journal of Energy Economics, 3(11): 84-106.
36) Tisheh Yar, M. (2011). Future Studies in Strategic Studies, Tehran: Strategic Studies Research Center.
37) Vecchiato, R. (2012). Environmental uncertainty, foresight and strategic decision making: An integrated study, Technological Forecasting & Social Change", Elsevier Inc, 79: 436 – 447.
38) Voros, J. (2003). A generic foresight process framework. Foresight, 5(3): 10-21.
39) Zahedi, Sh., Khanloo, N. (2011). Future Studies of Non- Governmental Organizations Accountability in the Area of Iran's Health and Human Services, 2025, Journal of Management Science of Iran, 6(21): 47-76.
40) Zali, N. (2009). Future studies on regional development with a scenario-based planning approach, Doctoral dissertation, University of Tabriz, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
41) Zali, N. (2011). Forecasting of regional strategy and policy-making with a scenario-based
244 / The future of the audit profession in Iran with a scenario approach
Vol.8 / No.30 / Summer 2023
approach, Strategic Studies Quarterly, 14(4): 33-54.
42) Zali, N. (2013). Strategic Foresight in Regional Planning and Development, Tehran: Strategic Studies Research Center.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 6
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 40