|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||22,864,363|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||21,108,462|
Identifying and analyzing the importance-performance of factors affecting the development of green financing based on the role of the banking industry in Iran for the transition to a circular economy
|International Journal of Finance & Managerial Accounting|
|دوره 8، شماره 31، آذر 2023، صفحه 187-202 اصل مقاله (485.7 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Original Article|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.30495/ijfma.2023.71316.1962|
|Abbas Rahimi1؛ narges yazdanian 2؛ seyed alireza mirarab baygi2؛ Kiumars Arya2|
|1PhD student of Financial Engineering, Department of Accounting and Management, Roudehen Branch, Islamic Azad University, Roudehen, Iran.|
|2Assistant Professor, Department of Accounting and Management, Roudehen Branch, Islamic Azad University, Roudehen, Iran.|
|The purpose of this research is to identify and analyze the importance-performance of factors affecting the development of green financing based on the role of the banking industry in Iran for the transition to a circular economy. The current research has been conducted using the mixed exploratory research method in two parts: qualitative (theme analysis) and quantitative (importance-performance analysis). In the qualitative part, by using the non-random judgmental method, the opinions of 14 managers and experts of the banking industry as well as university professors were used. Also, in order to determine the random sample size in the quantitative part of the research to complete the questionnaires, the power analysis method presented by Cohen (1992) was used. Based on this, the required sample size was determined to be at least 113. According to the research findings in the qualitative part, during the data first stage, 52 cases of evidence identified from the text of the interviews were labeled in the form of 26 primary codes. Next, the primary codes were categorized into five sub-themes and then a main theme. The results of the importance-performance analysis also showed that financial factors as well as infrastructure and technology have a higher than average importance in providing green financing based on the role of Iran's banking industry for the transition to a circular economy, and their performance is also higher than average, and this is due to The meaning of the special status of these variables.|
|green financing؛ banking industry؛ circular economy|
Afridi, Fakhr E Alam; Jan, Shahid; Ayaz, Bushra; & Irfan, Muhammad. (2021). Green finance incentives: An empirical study of the Pakistan banking sector. Amazonia Investiga, 10(41), 169-176.
2) Bag, S., Wood, L. C., Mangla, S. K., & Luthra, S. (2020). Procurement 4.0 and its implicationson business process performance in a circular economy.Resources, Conservation &Recycling,152, 104502.
3) Bose, Sudipta; Khan, Habib Zaman; & Monem, Reza M. (2021). Does green banking performance pay off? Evidence from a unique regulatory setting in Bangladesh. Corporate Governance: An International Review, 29(2), 162-187.
4) Chua, Gabriel Yong Ping; Er, Hui Jun; Liaw, Shao Yi; & He, Tai-Sen. (2020). Pitch Right: The Effect of Vocal Pitch on Risk Aversion. Economics Bulletin, 40(4), 3131-3139.
5) Cui, H., Wang, R., & Wang, H. (2020). An evolutionary analysis of green finance sustainabilitybased on multi-agent game.Journal of Cleaner Production,269, 121799.
6) Cohen, Jacob. (1992). A power primer. Psychological bulletin, 112(1), 155.
7) Dafnos, Tia. (2020). Energy futures and present threats: critical infrastructure resilience, accumulation, and dispossession. Studies in Political Economy, 101(2), 114-134.
8) Dewick, Paul; Bengtsson, Magnus; Cohen, Maurie J; Sarkis, Joseph; & Schröder, Patrick. (2020). Circular economy finance: Clear winner or risky proposition? Journal of Industrial Ecology, 24(6), 1192-1200.
9) Friant, Martin Calisto; Vermeulen, Walter JV; & Salomone, Roberta. (2021). Analysing European Union circular economy policies: words versus actions. Sustainable Production and Consumption, 27, 337-353.
10) Gento, Angel M; Pimentel, Carina; & Pascual, Jose A. (2022). Teaching Circular Economy and Lean Management in a Learning Factory. In Training Engineering Students for Modern Technological Advancement (pp. 183-201). IGI Global.
11) Goyal, Sandeep; Esposito, Mark; & Kapoor, Amit. (2018). Circular economy business models in developing economies: lessons from India on
International Journal of Finance and Managerial Accounting / 201
Vol.8 / No.31 / Autumn 2023
reduce, recycle, and reuse paradigms. Thunderbird International Business Review, 60(5), 729-740.
12) Hafezi, Saeed; and Seyyedi, Mirhossein. (2018). Identifying and prioritizing factors affecting green banking performance using FAHP technique. Paper presented at the 4th National Humanities Conference.
13) Hajjaran, Fatima; Divandari, Ali; Fadaei. Davood; & Radfar, Reza. (2021). Identifying the components of innovative green banking based on bioethics to gain a sustainable competitive advantage. Ethics in Science and Technology, 58(16), 36-42.
14) Hartley, Kris; van Santen, Ralf; & Kirchherr, Julian. (2020). Policies for transitioning towards a circular economy: Expectations from the European Union (EU). Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 155, 104634.
15) Ivashina, Victoria; & Scharfstein, David. (2010). Bank lending during the financial crisis of 2008. Journal of Financial economics, 97(3), 319-338.
16) Jin, J., & Han, L. (2018). Assessment of Chinese green funds: Performance and industry alloca-tion.Journal of Cleaner Production,171, 1084–1093.
17) Jinru, L., Changbiao, Z., Ahmad, B., Irfan, M., & Nazir, R. (2022). How do green financing and green logistics affect the circular economy in the pandemic situation: key mediating role of sustainable production. Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, 35(1), 3836-3856.
18) Khan, I., Hou, F., Irfan, M., Zakari, A., & Phong, H. (2021). Does energy trilemma a driver ofeconomic growth? The roles of energy use, population growth, and financial development.Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,146, 111157.
19) Kristensen, Heidi Simone; & Mosgaard, Mette Alberg. (2020). A review of micro level indicators for a circular economy–moving away from the three dimensions of sustainability? Journal of Cleaner Production, 243, 118531.
20) Lag-Brotons, Alfonso J; Velenturf, Anne PM; Crane, Richard; Head, Ian M; Purnell, Phil; & Semple, Kirk T. (2020). Resource recovery from waste. Frontiers in Environmental Science, 8, 35.
21) Ling, G., Razzaq, A., Guo, Y., Fatima, T., & Shahzad, F. (2021). Asymmetric and time-varyinglinkages between carbon emissions,
globalization, natural resources and financial develop-ment in China.Environment, Development and Sustainability,1–29.
22) Lingyan, M., Zhao, Z., Malik, H. A., Razzaq, A., An, H., & Hassan, M. (2021). Asymmetricimpact of fiscal decentralization and environmental innovation on carbon emissions:Evidence from highly decentralized countries.Energy & Environment, 0958305X2110184.
23) Loehrer, Andrew P; & Tsai, Thomas C. (2020). Perpetuation of inequity: disproportionate penalties to minority-serving and safety-net hospitals under another Medicare value-based payment model. Annals of surgery, 271(6), 994-995.
24) MacArthur, Ellen. (2013). towards the circular economy. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 2, 23-44.
25) Morseletto, Piero. (2020). Targets for a circular economy. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 153, 104553.
26) Muganyi, T., Yan, L., & Sun, H. p. (2021). Green finance, fintech and environmental protec-tion: Evidence from China.Environmental Science and Ecotechnology,7, 100107.
27) Mumtaz, M. Z., & Smith, Z. A. (2019). Green finance for sustainable development in Pakistan.IPRI Journal,19(2), 1–34.
28) Naqvi, B., Mirza, N., Rizvi, S. K. A., Porada-Rochon, M., & Itani, R. (2021). Is there a greenfund premium? Evidence from twenty seven emerging markets.Global Finance Journal,50,100656.
29) Qu, D; Shevchenko, T; Xia, Y; & Yan, X. (2022). Education and instruction for circular economy: A review on drivers and barriers in circular economy implementation in China. International Journal of Instruction, 15(3), 1-22.
30) Ozili, Peterson K; & Opene, Francis. (2021). the role of banks in the circular economy. Available at SSRN.
31) Pires, Ana; & Martinho, Graça. (2019). Waste hierarchy index for circular economy in waste management. Waste Management, 95, 298-305.
32) Purchase, Callun Keith; Al Zulayq, Dhafer Manna; O’Brien, Bio Talakatoa; Kowalewski, Matthew Joseph; Berenjian, Aydin; Tarighaleslami, Amir Hossein; & Seifan, Mostafa. (2022). Circular Economy of Construction and Demolition Waste:
202 / Identifying and analyzing the importance-performance of factors affecting the development of ...
Vol.8 / No.31 / Autumn 2023
A Literature Review on Lessons, Challenges, and Benefits. Materials, 15(1), 76.
33) Saeed Meo, M., & Karim, M. Z. A. (2021). The role of green finance in reducing CO2 emis-sions: An empirical analysis.Borsa Istanbul Review.
34) Schroeder, Patrick; Anggraeni, Kartika; & Weber, Uwe. (2019). The relevance of circular economy practices to the sustainable development goals. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 23(1), 77-95.
35) Sheikh, Abbas Ali; and Saidi, Parviz. (2020). Identifying and leveling the factors affecting the green financing of companies through Iran's banking industry (using foundational data theory and interpretive structural modeling). Paper presented at the 5th National Conference on Economics, Management and Accounting.
36) Soundarrajan, P., & Vivek, N. (2016). Green finance for sustainable green economic growth inIndia.Agricultural Economics (Zemedelska Ekonomika),62(1), 35–44.
37) Singh, Jagdeep; & Ordonez, Isabel. (2016). Resource recovery from post-consumer waste: important lessons for the upcoming circular economy. Journal of Cleaner Production, 134, 342-353.
38) Tanveer, A., Zeng, S., & Irfan, M. (2021). Do perceived risk, perception of self-efficacy, andopenness to technology matter for solar PV adoption? An application of the extended the-ory of planned behavior.Energies,14(16), 5008.
39) Thiemann, Matthias; Melches, Carolina Raquel; & Ibrocevic, Edin. (2021). Measuring and mitigating systemic risks: how the forging of new alliances between central bank and academic economists legitimize the transnational macroprudential agenda. Review of international political economy, 28(6), 1433-1458.
40) Tseng, M., Chiu, A. S. F., Liu, G., & Jantaralolica, T. (2020). Circular economy enables sustain-able consumption and production in multi- level supply chain system.Resources,Conservation & Recycling,154, 104601.
- Wang, K., Tsai, S., Du, X., & Bi, D. (2019). Internet finance, green finance, and sustainability.Sustainability (Switzerland),11(3856), 1–6.
41) Westland, J Christopher. (2010). Lower bounds on sample size in structural equation modeling.
Electronic commerce research and applications, 9(6), 476-487.
42) Yadav, G., Luthra, S., Kumar, S., Kumar, S., & Rai, D. P. (2020). A framework to overcomesustainable supply chain challenges through solution measures of industry 4.0 and circulareconomy: An automotive case.Journal of Cleaner Production,254, 120112.
43) Yaoteng, Zhao; & Xin, Li. (2021). Research on green innovation countermeasures of supporting the circular economy to green finance under big data. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JEIM-01-2021-0039.
44) Yarovaya, L., Mirza, N., Abaidi, J., & Hasnaoui, A. (2021). Human capital efficiency and equityfunds’ performance during the COVID-19 pandemic. International Review of Economics &Finance,71(June 2020), 584–591
45) Yuan, Sha; Zhang, Yu; Tang, Jie; Hall, Wendy; & Cabotà, Juan Bautista. (2020). Expert finding in community question answering: a review. Artificial Intelligence Review, 53(2), 843-874.
46) Zhang, Xin; Wang, Zhihui; Zhong, Xiaobing; Yang, Shouzhi; & Siddik, Abu Bakkar. (2022). Do Green Banking Activities Improve the Banks’ Environmental Performance? The Mediating Effect of Green Financing. Sustainability, 14(2), 989.
47) Zhang, D., Zhang, Z., & Managi, S. (2019). A bibliometric analysis on green finance: Currentstatus, development, and future directions.Finance Research Letters,29, 425–430.
48) Zhang, W., Zhang, M., Zhang, W., Zhou, Q., & Zhang, X. (2020). What influences the effect-iveness of green logistics policies? A grounded theory analysis. Science of the TotalEnvironment,714, 136731.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 29
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 27